Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dreams vs. Reality

A few days ago, while I was working on waking Davis, with eyes closed, he sleepily said, "This might be a silly question, but are you playing tic-tac-toe with me?" I laughed. "No. Guess you were dreaming." He smiled and nodded.


Sometimes what is actually going on isn't what I see. It might look like one thing to me, but God, who never sleeps, is fully aware of what is really happening. (Psalm 121:3-4)


Disappointments come. Emergencies happen. Life changes. But, not without the watchful eye of our Father who isn't just sitting around playing tic-tac-toe, but is actively involved in the events of our days.


I'm trying to remember that today. Maybe what I've been counting on hasn't been grounded in God's reality, but rather in my dreams. Have I made idols of my aspirations? Probably. Today, as I long to do everyday, I'm clinging to Him...the author and perfecter of my faith.


"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider Him who endured such opposition...so that you do not grow weary and lose heart." Heb. 12:2


Blessings...
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment