Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lighten Your Load...an Irresistable Offer


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matt. 11:28

I've loved this verse for years. It's comforted me when I was tired and exhausted. But, on Sunday, it hit me in a whole new way.


Who in this world wants you to come when you're worn out? Maybe your mom, but nobody else. Your family constantly has you on the go and needs your best. If you work outside the home, you need to be alert and looking good. Friends don't tolerate weariness for long. Even at church we often hide the fatigue and put our best foot forward.


But, God says, come when you're beat or overwhelmed and He will give us rest. He wants us when we feel unloved or unloveable. His arms are open when we feel like a failure. They are open when we don't feel like a failure, too, but He knows that at our wits end, we are honest and vulnerable. It's at that point that we realize we can't do it on our own so we're teachable and ready to accept His strength and help. Why wouldn't we come? We certainly won't find a better offer anywhere else.


He goes on to say, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your soul. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." We aren't free from burdens and chores, but when the routines of life are run through His hands, they are lighter and easier because we face them with His strength.


I am humbled that my sweet saviour who has already done so much for me wants to do more. He wants me to drag my tired self to Him so He can show me His faithfulness, love and kindness. He wants to do the same for you!


Carrying a lighter load...

Sharon

1 comment:

  1. I love this verse too! Just reading Mt. 11:28 makes me feel better when I am frazzled and worn. Who else but God wants us when we're all worn out? That's a good look at the Savior and His amazing love.

    Susan Martin, The Mom Coach
    http://workingmoms911.com

    ReplyDelete