Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for the purpose God has for each of our lives. He orchestrates events to fulfill His purpose globally and eternally. But He is also intimately personal and has a plan for each one of us today and this week. He has placed you and me in this place, at this time, with these people for a purpose. Placed...not forgotten and you wound up here by chance.


It is more than cleaning a house.
It is more than changing diapers.
It is more than refereeing between siblings.
It is more than laundry.
It is more than guiding a teenager through the mine field of growing up.


It is reaching the heart of a child.
It is walking with other women and encouraging one another.
It is knowing God, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom He sent. (John 17:3)


Here are some other Scriptures for encouragement today.
Jeremiah 29:11-14a
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity...."
Philippians 3:10 Amp
For my determined purpose is that I may know Him, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment